APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
This is the perfect apple cake for fall. It stays moist and flavorful for 5 days at room temperature, up to 10 days refrigerated. Because it is made with oil, it can be enjoyed at room temperature or cold.
Provided by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Yield 12-14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 150 grams or 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons (140 ml) eggs (about 3 large eggs)
- 100 grams or 1 cup walnut halves
- 300 grams or 2 1/2 cups (lightly spooned into the cup and leveled off) bleached all-purpose flour
- 5.5 grams or 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 grams or 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4.4 grams or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large tart apples (657 grams or 1 1/2 pounds) / 525 grams or 4 cups diced
- 269 grams or 1 1/4 cups (296 ml) canola or safflower oil
- 200 grams or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 163 grams or 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Caramel Sauce and Glaze (optional)
- Baking Equipment
- The pan must be a minimum 12 cup capacity, such as a Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan with 10 to 15 cup capacity, or a 12 cup Bundt pan, coated with baking spray with flour; or a 16 cup two-piece angel food pan, bottom lined with parchment, then coated with baking spray with flour
- Preheat the oven:
- Twenty minutes or longer before toasting the walnuts, set an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Set the oven at 350ºF/175ºC.
- Mise en place:
- Thirty minutes to 1 hour ahead, set the eggs on the counter at room temperature (65º to 75ºF/19º to 24ºC).
- TOAST AND CHOP THE WALNUTS: Spread the walnuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the walnuts onto a clean dish town and roll and rub them around to loosen the skins. Discard any loose skins and let the nuts cool completely. Chop medium coarse.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1/8 to 1/4 inch dice.
- Make the batter:
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer, weigh or measure the eggs. Add the oil, granulated and brown sugars, and the vanilla. Attach the flat beater and beat on medium speed for 1 minute, until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed for 20 seconds, just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Detach the bowl from the stand and with a large spoon stir in the apples and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake:
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wire cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.
- Cool the cake:
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If using a straight sided pan, run a metal spatula between the sides of the pan and the cake. Invert the cake onto a wire rack that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray and cool completely for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce and Glaze over the cake after unmolding.
Learn how to make french toast sticks with this quick and easy recipe. I like to have them handy in the freezer for a hearty breakfast in an instant. They're...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Happy Harry 2
Fried green tomatoes made healthier thanks to the air fryer.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Chili-Lemon Butter recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Millereg
Provided by Jennifer J
If you're not frying your green tomatoes in bacon grease then you have lost half of the great flavor! No self-respecting Southerner fries their green tomatoes...
Provided by BONO1
Use this dough to make Old Vienna Apple Strudel.
Provided by Martha Stewart
I submitted this recipe in answer to a request. I have not tried it. It is from "A World of Breads" by Dolores Casella
Provided by Donna M.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
I found this recipe on the back of the San Giorgio jumbo shells box. I've tried a lot of other stuffed shells recipes but I always come back to this one....
Provided by DragonIady
This version of the classic is easy to make while remaining authentic and true to the original. This may be the fastest yeast bread you make; it takes...
Provided by MICHAELGLASSCOOK
This well-seasoned yeast bread adds an attractive accent to any Italian meal...and the aroma while it's baking is scrumptious. The wedges also go great...
Provided by Taste of Home
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Holidays Of The World Cookbook For Students. This is a American recipe. I plan to use Splenda for...
Provided by internetnut
These are just like the shortbread and jam cookies you know, but with the taste of peanut butter and grape jelly.
Provided by Christine Thomas Boss
Dried cranberries and mandarin oranges add sweetness to this green salad sent in by Sandra Lashua of Henderson, Nevada. It's loaded with other goodies,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Damaris Phillips
Does it get any easier than this? It's rum and a cola beverage with a splash of lime.
Provided by c-biskit
Make and share this Great Pumpkin Dessert recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Karen
Make and share this Green Chile-Pimiento Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Juenessa
More about "apple walnut bundt cake food"
FRESH APPLE CAKE RECIPE | TRISHA YEARWOOD | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (77)Difficulty IntermediateCategory DessertSteps 5
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together the softened butter with 2 tablespoons of the flour to make a paste. In a 10-inch Bundt pan, paint on the flour and butter paste with a pastry brush until the pan is well coated.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, oil and eggs until smooth. Add the orange juice and vanilla extract and mix well. In another bowl, sift together the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and remaining 3 cups flour. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and continue to beat well. Stir in the apples and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a cake plate.
- For the glaze: Combine the sugar, butter, buttermilk and baking soda in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture until it thickens slightly and begins to turn a light brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
SPICED APPLE-WALNUT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING RECIPE ...
5/5 (74)Steps 3Difficulty EasyTotal Time 2 hrs 47 mins
- For the cake: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally butter and flour a 10-inch fluted tube or Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, maple syrup, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. In batches, mix the dry ingredients into the apple mixture. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester or skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For the icing: In a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons water, and vanilla. Process until smooth, adding more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the icing is pourable. Spoon the icing over the cake and allow to set for 20 minutes before slicing.
SPICED APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - CARNALDISH
Servings 12-14Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Either toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, constantly swirling to prevent burns. You’ll know they’re ready when they become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Alternatively, spread the walnuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes. Let the nuts cool completely and chop medium coarse.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger.
APPLE WALNUT CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (69)Calories 572 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
APPLE CINNAMON BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (25)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 447 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare the 12 cup bundt pan (grease and flour if you don't have a non-stick).
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave, and add brown sugar and eggs, whisking until smooth.
APPLE-WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
5/5 (46)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
- Make the caramelized apples: Cook granulated sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, without stirring, until sugar caramelizes, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in apples. Cook, covered, until softened, about 6 minutes. Slightly mash apples with a fork until broken down but still chunky. Continue to cook, uncovered, stirring, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cake: Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. Dust with flour, tapping out excess. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and 1 teaspoon salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix in caramelized apples and the walnuts.
- Transfer batter to pan. Bake until cake is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan set on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack, and let cool completely.
APPLE BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 764 per serving See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
4.1/5 (8)Total Time 3 hrsCategory CakesCalories 582 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a Bundt pan with butter and dust with 1/4 cup of flour, shaking out any excess.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar, eggs, canola oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until thoroughly incorporated.
- Gently fold the apples and walnuts into the batter with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE IS A WONDERFUL AND EASY RECIPE
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 378 per serving See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Servings 12Category Cakes See details »
APPLE AND WALNUT MAPLE BUNDT CAKE | SO DELICIOUS
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dessert, Party, Sweet, VegetarianCalories 566 per serving
- Keep adding the walnuts, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger powder, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix more.
APPLE-WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 16Calories 400 per serving
- Into large bowl, measure all ingredients except apples, walnuts, raisins, and confectioners' sugar; with mixer at low speed, beat until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
APPLE SOUR CREAM CINNAMON WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - …
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 898 per serving See details »
GERMAN APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 365 per serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts and apple mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake is firm, well browned, and begins to pull away from pan edges. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE IS GREAT FOR FALL GATHERINGS - …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 354 per serving See details »
APPLE WALNUT SPICE CAKE - CARAMEL GLAZED - THE FOOD BLOG
4.9/5 (25)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory CakesCalories 302 per serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a bowl using an electric hand mixer, add eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
WALNUT APPLE TUBE PAN CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
4.9/5 (7)Category DessertsServings 15Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended.
EASY WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrsCategory DessertCalories 478 per serving See details »
APPLE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 16Cuisine Not SetCategory Desserts See details »
APPLE-WALNUT CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.5/5 (67)Servings 12 See details »
APPLE AND WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE DF GF - SABRINAS ORGANIZING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Dairy Free RecipesCalories 247 per serving See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - SWEET SENSATIONS
4/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
IRRESISTIBLE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES - FOOD COM
See details »
APPLE WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE GOOD HOUSEKEEPING - CAKEBOXING.COM
See details »
GERMAN APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »